Handling A Range Of Personal Injury Claims
As an experienced lawyer, I serve clients in all types of personal injury claims in Honolulu and throughout Hawaii, from the simplest fender-bender or assault claims to catastrophic accidents and wrongful death claims.
Motor Vehicle Accident Claims
I represent clients in auto accident claims involving:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle and moped accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Accidents with delivery vehicles
- Accidents involving police and emergency vehicles
Auto accidents make up the majority of my practice. I focus on obtaining the full measure of compensation available for my clients. In many cases, adequate compensation can be obtained through settlement negotiations. But when my clients’ cases have to go to court, I have the trial experience needed to get the compensation needed.
If you purchased a faulty product that caused you serious injuries, I can bring a lawsuit and help you recover all the costs and damages that resulted. I handle product liability claims involving products that range from power tools and heavy machinery to kitchen appliances and beauty products that cause serious injuries.
Premises Liability Claims
Barring some kind of extenuating circumstance or legal loophole, property owners can be held liable for accidents and injuries that occur on their property. Examples of this can include slip-and-fall accidents – which often occur in grocery stores or restaurants – injuries from falling objects, injuries caused by faulty stairways or construction defects, and animal attacks.
Commercial Recreation Injuries
There are a few recreational activities that are key to Hawaiian daily life and culture but are also dangerous if not handled properly. I represent clients in cases involving:
- Surfing: These cases are especially common for visitors to Hawaii. Surfing is a great sport, but there is a steep learning curve and significant danger involved. In many cases, poor instruction results in unnecessary risk for newcomers to the sport.
- Bike tours: Throughout Honolulu and the entire state, bike tours are common, but they also can result in serious accidents with cars, trucks and other motor vehicles.
- Horse rides: Horse riding lessons can often lead to falls, broken bones, paralysis and other serious injuries.
- Dram shop liability: Many people come to Hawaii for a lighthearted vacation getaway, which often involves drinking. When a host or bartender overserves somebody and a serious accident results, the person serving the accident victim can be held liable.
Whatever type of accident you have been in, I can help you obtain compensation, even from out of state.
When doctors and other medical professionals fail to meet professional standards, serious illness and injuries often result. I represent victims of medical malpractice in cases involving:
- Misdiagnosis and failure to diagnose
- Medication and prescription errors
- Surgical errors
- Birth injuries
This is just a sampling of the types of cases I handle for my clients. If you have been harmed by any type of medical error, talk to me. I will help you determine if you have a viable case.
Talk To An Attorney Free Of Charge
Having an initial conversation with me is free. I will listen to your story and give you the initial steps for the best way to proceed. No two cases are the same, so it is important to get the opinion of an experienced attorney. You can send me an email or call 808-900-7471 to schedule an appointment.